Thursday, April 23, 2009

EOC Week 3- Responses

Sara’s blog

Sara, I have read your views on the way law is handled in the United States. I have to say that I agree with most of your ideas about how law is in America. Everybody knows that any system created by people will be flawed, but compared to a lot of countries in the world the United States does a good job enforcing and regulating the law. I do agree that most of the lawyers and people working in the system do want to do good work. The percentage of bad to good is leans a lot more towards the good. Most of the time injustice will be corrected. I have known people who have had bad experiences with the law and now they don’t trust it. But I think it’s wrong to judge a system by one bad experience. When the law works in some person’s favor they love it but as soon as it turns on them they despise it.

 

Allison’s Blog

Allison, your blog on lawyers is very interesting and it brings some very valid points to the absurdity of their profession. Your comment on the O.J. Simpson trial was very good. I agree with you that O.J. Simpson was guilty but due to a good lawyer and loopholes in the system, he ended up walking away a free man. I think we both share the same feelings about lawyers and how they operate. There are many good lawyers out there but it sometimes seems like there are more bad ones. The relationship that my mom has with her lawyer is very good. But I think it’s good because he understands his client’s pain and trouble. He’s the type of lawyer that looks at the client first and the money second.

No comments:

Post a Comment